Ecotek 100 Instructions
Probably the best protection you can buy…
Ecotek 100 is entirely comprised of a high performance additive system for non active base oil formulations; plus added viscosity modifiers ensuring full protection across a broad temperature range. Ecotek 100 provides sufficient of these chemicals to treat a minimum of 4kgs bulk oil (the average auto engine capacity) and tested to last for a minimum of 30,000 kms (18,000+ miles).
The Technology utilised in Ecotek 100, when blended into a range of fully formulated engine oils, has performed as follows:
API tests (American Petroleum Institute) SL/CF Engine test summary; Pass: Sequence IIIF; Sequence IV-A; Sequence VG; Sequence VIII; Cat 1M-PC
ACEA tests (Association des Constructeurs Europ ens d’ Automobiles – European Automobile Manufacturers Association): Pass: TU5-JP; TU3-MS; XUD11-BTE; M111SL; OM602A; VWICTD; VW TDI and Sequence VG.
These include OEM tests: Mercedes Benz 229.1 and 229.3; Volkswagen 50200/50500; Peugeot TU5 High Temperature; Volkswagen Turbo Diesel and Intercooled; BMW Longlife 98; Mercedes Benz M111E Fuel Economy.
These tests represent the latest and most exacting tests for any high performance oil.
Please note the additives in Ecotek 100 are designed to last for 30,000 kms in a fully formulated oil, though no responsibility can be taken for the quality of any oil to which Ecotek 100 is added.
Below is an outline of the tests and relevant effects overcome by the active chemistry in Ecotek 100 – click on the image to view pdf.
ADD TO YOUR EXISTING ENGINE OIL
When adding to new, good quality engine oil; add 100 ml of Ecotek 100 per Litre of ordinary oil (10%). CONSULT YOUR OWNERS MANUAL for total engine oil capacity (include sump + filter capacity) – normal 4 cyl car engines have a total engine oil capacity of approx 3.5 to 4.5 Litres, Diesels 5 to 6 Litres and larger 6cyl,V6/V8 engines 5 to 7 Litres.
Accordingly, for an average car engine 400 ml (approx half of the bottle) should be added to good quality new oil (where total engine oil capacity is approx 4 litres) – a further 100 ml of Ecotek 100 per Litre capacity should then be added after 10,000 miles.
If the engine oil is of dubious quality or has done more than 10,000 miles add up to 200 ml of Ecotek 100 per Litre total capacity (approx all the bottle) – being sure not to overfill. (Each bottle of Ecotek 100 has a measuring gauge along its spine).
Ecotek 100 is an undiluted chemical concentrate which will dissolve in your existing oil. Initially it is highly viscous and should be heated, whilst still in its sealed container, in hot water prior to application and should, if possible, be added to a warm engine. When diluted in the appropriate base oil the viscometrix of the viscosity modifier in Ecotek 100 is designed to maintain a SAE 5W/40 motor oil.
DO NOT OVERFILL your engine. When using to top up existing oil make sure there is sufficient capacity (for up to 1 Litre normally the dipstick should read “fill” for this to be OK).
Add between 100ml and 200ml per Litre total capacity depending on the quality and condition of the existing engine oil – See instruction leaflet that comes with the product for full details.
Ecotek 100 can be added to any engine oil: old or new, synthetic or mineral and will help re-engineer it to the highest levels of protection for ultimate performance motoring.
Ecotek 100 can be used as an additive for all engine oils – here are some examples:
- If you are uncertain of the quality of oil used in a recent service or after purchasing a previously owned vehicle, add Ecotek 100 to the existing oil to be sure that it then conforms to the highest Synthetic Specification.
- Use as part of a full oil change and add to your normal oil to ensure maximum levels of protection.
- Add to your used oil to “re-engineer” it to full synthetic specification.
- Use to top-up existing oil as required enhancing and extending protection for every type of engine – including, and especially, all high performance vehicles.
- Also frequently used in the trade as an assembly lube – for coating the moving parts during a rebuild to ensure instant protection.
Ecotek 100 is suitable for use as a long life additive in any engine oil and is particularly appropriate for high performance, sustained high stress environments where the engine requires continuous and complete protection such as:
- Turbo, bi-turbo and supercharged competition engines
- Blueprinted and highly tuned engines
- High compression, high lift and variable cam engines
- Leanburn, direct injection and LPG vehicles
- Intercooled, turbo and non turbo diesels
- High performance Classic and Historic sports cars
- Grand Touring, Track and Rally cars
- Modified turbo, nitro and twin choke engines
- Off-road, rough terrain towing vehicles
- High performance motorcycles
- All road and track vehicles used to maximum levels of performance
- Also frequently used in the trade as an assembly lube